Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG)
We offer a comprehensive, high quality and impartial information, advice and guidance service to applicants, our learners and the employers that we work with. Our IAG service is designed to:
- Help you understand the learning opportunities available to you and the career paths that they lead to
- Support you in finding an Employer who will offer you an apprenticeship
- Refer you to an appropriate alternative Organisation if we are unable to help you
- Understand the programme you have joined and what the people involved in it will do
- Help you identify your learning needs and how these can be met
- Support you whilst in training to ensure that you make progress and achieve your goals
- Refer you to an appropriate external agency if you require specialist support
- Provide information, advice and guidance when you leave the programme on future progression opportunities
- Understand the apprenticeship programme and the key roles of the people within it
- Give information, advice and guidance on legislation, policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, equality, diversity and inclusion, safeguarding, national minimum wage and other areas of employment.
- Support you in recruiting an apprentice and in applying for financial support towards wages.
- Help you to help them.
For further details on our Information, Advice and Guidance Service, please see our IAG Statement of Service 2015